Do you get the Weekend Tipsheet? Sign up today!
Chill out at WinterRouge on Family Day!
Monday, February 18 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Chill with the folks at the Rouge National Urban Park this coming Family Day at WinterRouge! Bundle up for a full day of FREE, family-friendly winter activities and support the Great Backyard Bird Count, so dust off those binoculars if you have them or borrow a pair from the park! Here are a few of the activities you can choose from:
- Join an expert guides on a winter birding outing in support of the Great Backyard Bird Count! Guided birding outings are all an hour in length and will leave from the event site every half hour: 11:30 am, 12:00 pm, 12:30 pm, 1:00 pm, 1:30 pm, 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm
- Build your own pinecone bird feeder and continue to hone your birding skills in your own backyard
- Improve your slap shot with a series of inflatable hockey interactives
- Strap on a pair of snowshoes and go for a jaunt! *weather permitting
- Join our Learn-to Camp team with s’more fun near the campfire
- Step back in time and sample some authentic 18th-century heritage hot chocolate from MARS
- Enjoy a live ice carving demonstration courtesy of the talented IceGuys from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
- Snap a selfie with our colossal strawbale snowmen (these guys can take the heat!)
- Satisfy your sweet tooth and learn all about maple syrup with the TRCA
- Meet Parka as she joins the winter festivities!