Do you get the Weekend Tipsheet? Sign up today!
Taste of Regent Park
Wednesday, July 3 @ 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:00pm on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday, August 28, 2019
Taste of Regent Park animates the community’s Big Park green space with a celebration of food and culture.
TORC hosts an affordable produce market and a PWYC community meal plus delicious snacks from the wood-fired bake oven. Local vendors bring food, clothing, and arts and crafts There are kids’ activities, music, dance, workshops, and much more! A wide range of local musicians, young artists and residents showcase music from jazz to country to reggae.
Each week has a theme with free children’s games, activities, events and performances:
- 3 July: Local Talent with 40 Oaks Band
- 10 Jul: Coming of Age
- and a film
- 17 Jul: Community with Snooky Tynes Soul Express and a film
- 24 Jul: World Food & Music with Samba Squad and a film
- 31 Jul: Caribana with Syd Perry and a film
- 7 Aug; World Food & Music with Muhtadi Drummers and a film
- 14 Aug: Superheroes and a film
- 21 Aug: Bollywood with Paramita Kar
- 28 Aug: Circus with Square Circle Arial Performances
Stick around for the Film Festival from 10 July to 14 August.
The market opens at 5 pm, the meal is at 6 pm and the movie is at dusk.