- This event has passed.
Chill out at WinterRouge on Family Day!
Monday, February 17 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
WinterRouge is celebrating 5 years of free, outdoor family-fun inspired by all things winter in Ontario and it’s pretty fantastic…
Here’s what’s going on:
- Relish in the beauty of nature by taking the scenic route! Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride* courtesy of Lionel’s Farms on the iconic Vista Trail.
- Bringing ice to life, the IceGuys will wow you with a live ice carving demonstration from 12- 1:30pm
- Build your own s’mores alongside Parks Canada’s Learn-to Camp team, and stay toasty warm around the onsite campfires.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth at the Maple Shack with offerings from the brothers of Pefferlaw Creek Farms; a family-owned business crafting the finest quality organic 100% pure maple syrup products.
- Visit the Hot Chocolate Chalet featuring samples made of authentic 18th century American Heritage® chocolate from MARS.
- Known for their local Honour Stand and Pick-Your-Own apple orchard, Apples of Glasgow will tantalize your taste buds with hot, fresh apple treats.
- Take part in the ultimate fan experience, and try your hand at interactive and inflatable hockey games.
- The park is home to over 250 species of birds! Birds Canada will help you to identify some of Toronto’s winter birds at their booth. Then they will take you on the Great Backyard Bird Count guided walk! (walk is at 1pm and is 1-1.5 hours long).
- Get up close and personal to some truly fascinating Birds of Prey.
- Visit Parks Canada booth for tips and tricks to safe and successful snowshoeing*, then strap on a pair and go for a jaunt.
- Snap a selfie at the snowman station.
- Fresh, brisk topics to share on this year’s winter walks which are guided by Parks Canada staff and volunteer leaders (12pm and 1:30pm, both 1-hour in length).
- Stop by the Visitor Services booth to learn about animal pelts – even give them a feel (so soft!).
- Build your own Cheerio bird feeder to take home and watch your neighbourhood feathered friends enjoy.
- Meet Parka as she joins in on the winter festivities!
NOTE: There is limited free parking available on-site, so please carpool if possible.
Please check website for updates on any changes to trail conditions or event programming due to weather.
* Programming is subject to change based on weather.
Find out more here!